Synchronized Museum Exhibits
More than 100 BrightSign-powered interactive video screens have been installed as part of major refurbishment at the Netherlands Literary and Documentation Museum in The Hague. Bringing to life the stories of Dutch and Flemish authors and poets in the Pantheon gallery, an audio-visual wall of fame features 100 literary figures from 1000 years of history. Further BrightSign units drive DLP projectors and kiosk-style installations.
Design/Integration Companies: Visual Hardware Services BV, interior architects and designers Opera Amsterdam, audio visual production, MuseumStudio, Amsterdam.
Industry: Museums & galleries
Location: Letterkundig Museum (Literary and Documentation) in den Haag, Netherlands
Project: Continuous video/soundscape spans 100 interactive LCD displays in the Writer’s Pantheon; 8 fully-featured HD1010 players are used for large video projected displays; 7 specially designed booths allow visitors to watch related movies and plays; listen to famous poems or prose readings.
- 100 LCD displays powered by BrightSign HD810 interactive sign controllers, synchronized via serial ports using Media Controller
- HD410 interactive media players built into seven specially designed booths
- 8 fully-featured HD1010 players drive large video projected displays
- Simple implementation of interactivity using BrightAuthor’s simple-to-write play lists that easily assign playback of media to buttons and other general-purpose devices.
- Internal memory can be used to track and capture usage statistics, to better understand how users are interacting with the displays
- Synchronization of high-quality presentations involving hundreds of displays
- Responsive and versatile interactivity
- Play back of multiple media types: audio, video and still images
- Network management to schedule power-on/off with Museum open hours
- Precise alignment and synchronization
- Stellar HD video quality
- Implementation of interactivity using simple-to-write play lists that easily assign playback of media to buttons and other general-purpose devices.
- Tracking and capture of usage statistics, to better understand how users are interacting with the display
- Networked control and central management
BrightSign LLC, the global market leader in digital signage media players, is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with offices in Europe and Asia. BrightSign designs media players and provides free software and cloud networking solutions for the commercial digital signage market worldwide, serving all vertical segments of the marketplace. BrightSign products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, market-leading technology and unsurpassed performance. For more information, visit www.brightsign.biz. Follow BrightSign at http://twitter.com/brightsign and http://www.facebook.com/BrightSignLLC.