- Open BrightAuthor:connected and click Connect
- Sign up for BSN.cloud as a New User
- Validate email
- Open BrightAuthor again
- Click on the orange Connect button in BrightAuthor:connected
- Sign in and name your network
- In the Admin tab, click Device Provisioning, then click ADD DEVICE and add your players by entering serial numbers.
- Connect your players to a live internet connection via Ethernet.
- Connect player to screen via HDMI
- Power on your players with a blank SD card
- Player setup will take approximately 5 minutes. The player will reboot several times during this process. You will see a purple welcome screen when it finishes.
- On rare occasions, you may need to resume setup by pressing and releasing the Reset button. If after 2 minutes your screen is black, player LEDs are off and the Pwr light is on and steady green, press Reset.
- If you see a purple activation screen with QR code, wait up to 5 minutes for the player to reboot or manually update the BrightSign OS (Step 1.c).
- If you see the white Device Setup screen, you may not be on the latest BrightSign OS (Step 1.c), you have not successfully added your device with an accurate serial number (Step 4.a), or you may not be connected to the internet (Step 4.b).
- If you selected a Control Cloud subscription, your player has been setup to publish presentations via Local File Networking. If you selected a Content Cloud subscription, your player has been setup to publish presentations via BSN.cloud publishing.
- Click here to download the Welcome Presentation and unzip it to a location on your computer
- Watch this video to learn how to publish content to your player
TOOLS AND RESOURCESTutorial Videos
BrightAuthor:connected User Guide
Need Help? Contact Support
BrightSign LLC is a privately held company located in Los Gatos, California founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR) and Roku. BrightSign is the global market leader in digital signage media players, as reported by IHS every single quarter from 2013 to present in its "Global Market for Digital Signage" research study, which publishes market share of all media players and PC-based signage solutions combined. BrightSign players are known for their signature reliability, affordability and ease-of-use by the commercial digital signage market worldwide.