BrightSign and ICOR International Systems Partner to Create Impressive Digital Signage in CLUB RED, South Florida’s All-Inclusive Club Inside the BB&T Center
ICOR International Systems and BrightSign have teamed-up to outfit a new lounge reserved for VIP members and their guests at the BB&T Center, home of the Florida Panthers located in Sunrise, Florida.The BB&T CLUB RED VIP Luxury Lounge highlights the growing trend among professional sporting venues of building sophisticated, refined lounges to entertain their most important fans and patrons.
“An installation of this magnitude has a high degree of complexity, therefore ease-of-use and reliability were vitally important as we evaluated which digital signage players would best suit the task,” said Bill Craig, vice president of ICOR International Systems. “In the end, BrightSign offered us a solution that was easy to deploy and support – the fact that the BrightSign units were so affordable was icing on the cake.”
The lounge itself encompasses 12,000 square feet. In total, approximately 50 screens are distributed throughout the lounge – flanking the bar, in various group seating areas, disguised behind stately picture frames and some even located in restroom areas.
“With an untraditional roll-out such as this, we anticipate providing a fair amount of support as the venue gets up and running,” continued Craig. “Surprisingly enough, we fielded a few basic questions following installation and conducted a 30-minute training and we haven’t heard a word since – in fact, they recently ordered more BrightSign units to implement in other common areas throughout the building. This speaks volumes about the simplicity and reliability of the BrightSign products we chose to install.”
Beyond the obvious goal of entertaining lounge members, the screens interspersed throughout the venue are also capable of delivering advertising and other promotional content on a very targeted basis. Content delivery is managed via an intuitive, touch-based control interface, enabling seamless delivery of advertising and cross-promotional material.
The lounge installation has been a resounding success for the ICOR International Systems/BrightSign team, setting a new standard for comfort and entertainment in sporting venue VIP lounges.
Industry: Professional sports VIP hospitality
Location: BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida
Integrator: ICOR International Systems
Project: Florida Panthers CLUB RED VIP Luxury Lounge
- 50 screens located throughout the lounge
- Screens powered by a mix of BrightSign’s HD220W and HD1020 networked sign controllers
- All BrightSign units are mounted in an A/V rack with a 64-channel matrix switch
- A single BrightSign unit is dedicated to feeding sponsor content that is routed to sponsored areas
- Needed the ability to separately feed broadcast television, game/event live feed and promotional content to any of the 50 screens, at any time
- With more than four dozen screens distributed throughout the lounge, simplicity of installation and management was critical
- Wanted to “future-proof” the lounge to ensure that the equipment could be used to support future needs
- Multi-purpose lounge required unique content to be served up for Panthers games, music concerts and private events
- Approximately 50 screens capable of displaying content unique to the event being hosted
- Touch-based interface to easily send content to any of the screens located in the lounge
- Screens are used to entertain members, promote advertisers’ products and also cross-promote upcoming events to drive return visits
- BrightSign Network is used to manage all networked sign controllers
- Minimal support required following installation, very uncommon for an installation of this scope
- Proficiency with BrightSign’s workflow ensures that future upgrades to touch/swipe control, HTML5, Live HDTV etc. can be made seamlessly without learning a new system
- BrightSign’s trademark reliability and ease-of-use
- Scalable solution that lends itself well to future upgrades, which may include signage placed at other public spaces within the arena
- BrightSign Network offers a hosted means to serve, manage and support all networked sign controllers, with much greater simplicity than with previous solutions
BrightSign LLC is a privately held company located in Los Gatos, California founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR) and Roku. BrightSign is the global market leader in digital signage media players, as reported by IHS every single quarter from 2013 to present in its "Global Market for Digital Signage" research study, which publishes market share of all media players and PC-based signage solutions combined. BrightSign players are known for their signature reliability, affordability and ease-of-use by the commercial digital signage market worldwide.