Takko adopts BrightSign to spearhead move into Russia Over 150 players used in fashion chain’s first non-EU stores
Takko Fashion, one of Europe’s leading value fashion retailers with 1,700 outlets, is using 168 BrightSign XD230 players to drive video walls and screens in its 28 new Russian stores. The players were supplied by Interactive Multimedia Solutions (IMS), the BrightSign reseller in Russia.
Evgeniy Kozlovskiy of Takko commented, “This is a completely new market for us, and we are keen to create a strong presence. Takko uses digital signage extensively in its Russian stores to enhance the experience of its young and fashion-conscious customers. An important factor in selecting the players was BrightSign’s reputation for reliability as well as their very competitive price. We are installing BrightSign in all our shops in Russia, and it is extremely important that they work flawlessly and do not require frequent maintenance.”
There are six players in each store driving a 3x3 video wall in the window and a similar wall placed centrally in the store. Four additional screens are placed in locations throughout the store. New content is uploaded regularly via the BrightSign network, with major updates seasonally to reflect each new collection, and more frequent smaller promotions around sales and special events.
Nikolay Valyuzhenich, Managing Director of Interactive Multimedia Solutions (IMS), the BrightSign reseller in Russia, concludes, “The Russian market has huge potential for digital signage. Screens are not yet quite as widespread as in London or New York, so retailers like Takko that use them creatively can gain a really big advantage. BrightSign has a great business model with quality technology at an affordable price, which is perfect for our market. I believe that Takko will see a great impact from these installations.”
Supplier/Integrator: Interactive Multimedia Solutions (IMS)
Project: Window and instore displays at 28 outlets in Russia
- 168 BrightSign XD230 players to drive video walls and screens in 28 new Russian stores
- Create a strong presence in a completely new market for Takko – the stores are the chain’s first outside the EU
- Enhance the experience for young and fashion conscious customers.
- Players need to work flawlessly and not require frequent maintenance
- Simple and straightforward downloading of new content including videos
- Six players in each store driving:
- A 3x3 video wall in the window
- A similar wall placed centrally in the store.
- Four additional screens are placed in locations throughout the store.
- New content is uploaded via the BrightSign network, with major updates seasonally to reflect new collections, sales and special events.
- “Always-on” installation attracts attention to store windows at all hours of the day and night
- New content is easy to upload via the BrightSign Network
- Installation creates an impact in a market with low use of digital signage
- Cost-effective and very reliable players
BrightSign LLC is a privately held company located in Los Gatos, California founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR) and Roku. BrightSign is the global market leader in digital signage media players, as reported by IHS every single quarter from 2013 to present in its "Global Market for Digital Signage" research study, which publishes market share of all media players and PC-based signage solutions combined. BrightSign players are known for their signature reliability, affordability and ease-of-use by the commercial digital signage market worldwide.