Bicultural Pharmacy Chain Combines BrightSign Digital Signage Players with Wovenmedia Place-based Media Service
Establishes Milagros de Mexico as a Community Resource for Healthcare Information within US Hispanic Communities.
When you think about your neighborhood pharmacy, your first thought probably isn't of high- definition screens playing informative and engaging health-related video messaging and branding - unless you happen to live near a Milagros de Mexico (MdM) Pharmacy. A completely bilingual and bicultural retail pharmacy chain with a small-town feel, MdM provides health and wellness products to the established Hispanic neighborhoods of San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland and Redwood City. In addition to offering a broad selection of U.S. and Latino brand medicines, supplements and homeopathic remedies, it also offers a wide range of affordable medical services.
MdM wanted a cost-effective solution for differentiating its stores from the larger chains by providing their communities with much needed, health-related information that entertains. Management also wanted to deliver timely messages about the stores' extensive product and service offerings so customers would be able to make well-informed decisions. By combining BrightSign® network-enabled HD210 digital signage players with Wovenmedia's place-based media services, MdM now delivers professionally-produced health and wellness segments from leading television networks, as well as their own content, throughout the chain of stores.
Location: 4 Milagros de Mexico locations in Oakland, Redwood City, San Francisco and San Jose, California
Integrator: Store staff or outside contractors
Project: Provide helpful information on health issues affecting the community and improve brand awareness
- Deploying a budget-friendly, easy to manage, energy efficient, turnkey signage solution
- Differentiating Milagros de Mexico as a trusted resource for health-related information and services in a bilingual/bicultural community
- Enhancing MdM's brand image; making it more competitive
- Building awareness of the various products and services offered by MdM pharmacies and clinics
- Providing valuable health and wellness information in an engaging format
- Delivering frequently updated, eye-catching HD-quality video and images
- Increased customer loyalty by establishing MdM as a community resource for healthcare information
- Reliable, HD-quality video that captures visitor attention
- Flexible video messaging can be easily updated via a standard network connection
- Enhanced customer shopping experience
- Improved waiting area customer satisfaction
- Improved awareness of available products and services
- Ability to drive over-the-counter sales and generate income by running educational content from advertisers
- Low initial cost of BrightSign players and low power consumption delivers budget-friendly solution
- Solid-state, non-PC platform ensures the highest standard in reliability and worry-free maintenance
- All-in-one digital signage solution includes the player, management software and networking capabilities to simplify deployment, eliminate compatibility problems
- BrightSign HD210 controllers deliver dynamic looping content and Full HD video quality
- BrightSign's open-platform BrightAuthor software links to Wovenmedia's video service
- BrightSign network-enabled players make content updates easy via Wovenmedia's cloud-based service portal
"It can be economically challenging for smaller chain businesses to compete with national chains for their share of the neighborhood market and define what's unique about their offering. But with BrightSign's line of HD video controllers, we can keep the Wovenmedia
service affordablewithout compromising video quality or network reliability. For Milagros de Mexico, this solution has removed the cost barrier and enabled them to broadcast professional-quality, brand-building and call-to-action video messaging to their customers, just like the big chain stores."- Susie Opare-Abetia, Co-Founder and CEO of Wovenmedia
BrightSign LLC, the global market leader in digital signage media players, is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with offices in Europe and Asia. BrightSign designs media players and provides free software and cloud networking solutions for the commercial digital signage market worldwide, serving all vertical segments of the marketplace. BrightSign products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, market-leading technology and unsurpassed performance. For more information, visit www.brightsign.biz. Follow BrightSign at http://twitter.com/brightsign and http://www.facebook.com/BrightSignLLC.